Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hello Everyone!

I'm on a couple of "knitting for lefties" lists (among others) and randomly I'll come across something funny or cute or maybe even useful, and I thought, who better to share it with than my partners in crime right?

So I was thinking, why not have a blog where we can share these little thoughts amongst our own group when we think of them. It's dorky, it's true, but so what? If it's a flop of an idea, I will lose no sleep over it, because frankly my dears, losing free things doesn't affect my day very much.

Oh, plus we can figure out some of our field trip plans, share patterns, good website links and help one another if we get stuck on a project mid-week. Hey this is sounding better and better the more I think about it.

OK, so to get us started here are a few fun knitting tid-bits that you may or may not have come across already....


FROGGING: rip, rip, rip - the best way to fix a mistake, rip it out and start over

S.A.B.L.E.: stash accumulation beyond life expectancy (please see my attic for an example)


On Chinese food and Chopsticks: "You do not sew with a fork, and I see no reason why you should eat with knitting needles." Miss Piggy, 'Miss Piggy's Guide to Life' (1981)


OK, this one is for Jana since I do believe she's the only one of us who goes both ways...

My Wife The Hooker

My wife, she is a hooker
Of this she's very proud
And the stories of her exploits
Are legends in our town
She's shameless with her talents
She'll go hooking anywhere
And if people want to watch her
Well, she really doesn't care
It seems to be a family thing
Her mother taught her how
Her grandma was also a hooker
And my daughter's hooking now
She goes to hookers meetings
To learn the new techniques
And when she's hooking in a frenzy
She won't talk to me for weeks
She doesn't do the housework
And she doesn't make our bed
She says she hasn't time for that
She would rather hook instead
My wife she is a hooker
And I curse that awful day
When she picked up a hook and yarn
And crochets no matter what I say

So how come this guy never comes to any of our meetings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us